140 Good Parrot Names
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
You want the very best name for your parrot, and we are here to help with male,
female and even unisex names.
Male Parrot Names
When choosing a male name for your parrot, you should be creative, adventurous and a little bit macho. Try one of these manly names for your parrot:
- Petey– Let’s start with this classic parrot name.
- Greenie– You could choose one that describes your bird’s color.
- Paulie– This is another very popular parrot name.
- Peter– Names that start with “P” are very common for parrots.
- Pan– Like Peter Pan, the literary character, who wears green.
- Crackerjack– This fun play on the work “cracker” is a great choice.
- Peg Leg– Pirate names work well for parrots.
- Pirate Pete– This is one of our favorite pirate names.
- Hulk– You could go with a silly pop culture name.
- Jolly– Or you could give your bird a happy name.
- Argento– Try this tropical-sounding name for your male parrot.
- Zorro– Or you could give your bird an exotic hero’s name.
- Long John Silver– This is another great pirate choice.
- Raptor– For his sharp claws.
- Blue– Named after the bird from the movie Rio.
- Petrie– This is another common and fun “P” name for a parrot.
- Sir Lancelot– You could go with something very distinguished sounding.
- Marvin– Or you could choose a normal human one for your bird.
- Buttersworth– Elegant names like this can sound funny or distinguished.
- Wobbles– For the way your bird walks across his perch.
- Bandito– This is a more daring name you could give an adventurous bird.
- Baron– This one has tones of elegance and daring to it.
- Lord Bobo– This funny mix of distinguished and silly is a great choice.
- Spike– Or you could choose a very dangerous name for your parrot.
- Lucky– You might want a simple, fun name like this.
Cute and Adorable Baby Parrot Names
- Buddy– Good for s bird who is a great friend to you.
- Toby– This simple name works well too.
- Rooster– You could name your bird after a male chicken for a laugh.
- Berri– A good name that reminds you of the bird’s colorful look similar to that
of a blueberry or strawberry.
- Rio– Like the cartoon that features a bird.
- Elvis– Some parrots look a bit like the singer, if you squint really hard.
- Fancy Dan– For well-dressed parrots.
- Squawky– For the parrot that will never quiet down.
- Chico– A cool, exotic name for your bird.
- Shades– For a cool, suave parrot.
- Joey– You could give your parrot a really cool name like this.
- Jackson– This is a strong name that is good for any parrot.
- Mr. T– Or you could go with this strong celebrity name.
- Tarzan– A famous jungle name for a famous jungle bird.
- Mowgli– Or you could use this jungle character.
Female Parrot Names
You may want to use one of these feminine names for your female parrot:
- Dorothy– This is a great name for any female parrot.
- Treat– You could give your parrot a sweet name like this.
- Cookie– Sweet, sugary names are great for some parrot.
- Dancer– Or the name you choose could be something complimentary like this.
- Honey– Endearing names make good choices for female parrot.
- Penny– This is a cutesy name that we like.
- Cuddles– Something delightful like this is always a good option.
- Pearl– You could go with a name that tells everyone your bird is special.
- Buffy– A fun pop culture name like this is always a winner.
- Xena– You could name your bird after the famous warrior princess.
- Mulan– Or the Disney princess.
- Polly– This is the female version of the popular parrot name Paulie.
- Sugar– Sweet names are always a good choice.
- Tia– This lovely name is a good pick as well.
- Lady– You could give your female parrot a sweet name like this.
- Babydoll– Everyone will know how adorable your bird is with this name.
- Sheena– Here is a strong, feminine name for you to try.
- Margo– This one is pretty common for tropical birds.
- Twinkles– It may sound silly, but it is also endearing.
- Starshine– A name like this feels like it has a bit of magic to it.
- Fairy– This one is definitely magically-inclined.
- Pixie– Mythological creatures make for good parrot names for some whimsy.
- Rainbow– This is a great choice for a colorful bird.
- Bella– Or you can use a sweet, feminine name like this.
- Chestnut– Here is a nice one for a bird with some brown in its feathers.
- Hazel– This is a good brown-themed name as well.
- Destiny– This name has some mystery to it.
- Jewel– This has become a very popular parrot name thanks to the movie Rio.
- Jane– Named after Tarzan’s wife.
- Champagne– Food and drink names can be silly or classy like this one.
- Delilah– This is always as winner for female parrot.
- Sasha– This fun name is good for any female parrot.
- Evie– This one is a bit more exotic and still feminine.
- Eden– Or you could use a unique name like this for your bird.
- Ava– A play on the word avian.
- Nala– The film The Lion King popularized this name.
- Flower– A lovely name is perfect for your lovely parrot.
- Journey– You could go with something vague and mysterious like this one.
- Paris– Place names can be a good choice as well.
- Skye– This is a classic that always works well for parrot.
Parrot Baby Names
If you aren’t sure whether your parrot is a male or female or just want a neutral sounding name, then give one of these a try:
- Pickles– Good for any green bird you have.
- Kiwi– Also a good green bird name.
- Strawberry– Good for birds with some green and red in them.
- Tiki– This is a good tropical name.
- Max– A classic that works for both male and female parrot.
- Tango– This one has a tropical sound to it.
- Mango– A tropical fruit is a solid choice for a parrot name.
- Snapper– This is good for calling attention to your bird’s eating habits.
- Cracker King– You could try something completely goofy like this.
- Jazzy– Here is a fun one for the more musically inclined.
- Nibbles– If your bird is always looking for something to eat, then this is a good
- Scarlet– Ideal for birds with a lot of red in their feathers.
- Sunset– Good for birds with some red, orange and blue in their coloring.
- Cosmo– A mysterious sounding name like this is always a winner.
- Starlight– You could try this fun, almost magical name.
- Littlefoot– Pirate names work great for parrots.
- Treasure– This is a more unique pirate name you could try.
- Bucko– Here’s a good pirate-themed name.
- Scallywag– Not the most commonly used pirate name, but a good one,
- Wacky– For a silly bird.
Funny (Pun) Parrot Names
- Yacky– For a talkative bird.
- DJ– For a bird that likes to dance.
- Gossip– Good for a bird that talks all the time.
- Spark– A good name for a bird who is a bit of a firecracker.
- Phoenix– For birds with some red coloring and a strong personality.
- Boss– For birds with an overpowering personality.
- Coconut– Use this for tropical birds like the parrot.
- Ash– Good for birds with some grey or black in their coloring.
- Papaya– A nice tropical fruit name for parrots.
- Amazon– Tropical place names work really well.
- Chirpy– If your bird is talkative, then you may want to use this name.
- Beaker– A play on the work “beak”.
- Harmony– A nice, unique name you might want to use for your parrot.
- Whisper– For an uncharacteristically quiet parrot.
- Repeater– For a bird who copies everything you say.
- River– This name has a strength to it and is good for birds with some blue on
- Xerox– Another good name for a bird who repeats what you say.
- Blabberbeak– Yet another good name for a very talkative parrot.
- Windbag– Here’s another one as well.
- Nugget– Finally, we want to leave you with this cute, funny name.
Fruit and Vegetables Inspired Pet Names for Parrots
- Cherry– Sweet name for a female parrot which means beloved.
- Clementine– An awesome name for a female parrot meaning merciful.
- Honeydew– Is a great fruit because it has a high content of fiber and water.
- Huckleberry– This is the state fruit of Idaho.
- Blueberry – Used as desserts or in making jams and jellies and preserves.
- Mango– An excellent name for a red or orange-colored dog.
- Cherimoya – Also known as custard apple.
- Pumpkin– Cute name for an adorable and sweet parrot.
- Alfalfa– A flowering plant that is a member of the pea family.
- Butternut– A winter squash with a sweet and nutty flavor.
- Clementine – A fruit like a small orange.
- Kiwi – A fruit with hair skin, green flesh, and black seeds.
- Peaches – A soft, round, slightly furry fruit with sweet yellow flesh and pinky-orange skin.
- Maize – Is a grain and commonly known as corn.
- Coconut – The fruit of the coconut palm.
- Kumquat – A small yellow to orange citrus fruits.
- Pear – Has pale green or brownish skin, a firm juicy flesh.
- Raisin – A dried grape.
- Currant – Small, black dried grape without seeds.
- Lime – Is a citrus fruit, which is typically round and green in color.
Parrot Names for Pirates
- Ahoy: a perfect name for your parrot after the pirate slang.
- Bart: a perfect name for a parrot inspired by pirate Bartholomew Roberts.
- Blackbeard: named after the famous Edward Teach.
- Bones: a strong name for your pirate parrot, we think it is a perfect name for an African Grey parrot.
- Calico: after the famous and notorious sea pirate Calico Jack.
- Cutlass: a perfect name for a male parrot referring to the short sword used by pirates.
- Crabbe: after the Flemish pirate Crabbe.
- Drake: after Sir Francis Drake.
- Grampus: the name of a famous pirate ship.
- Henry: you can either call your boy Henry or Morgan after the famous Welsh pirate Henry Morgan.
- Ketch: after the infamous English executioner employed by King Charles II, Jack Ketch.
- Tew: after the famous English pirate Thomas Tew.
Famous Parrot Names
- Alvid:the name of the leader of a group of Norwegian pirates.
- Angelica: for a female parrot, after the daughter of Blackbeard.
- Anne: after the famed female pirate, Anne Bonny. This is a great famous parrot name inspired by a famous pirate.
- Atomsk: a fictional pirate King. Such cool names for a bird are a great option.
- Barbosa: a classic reference from ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’.
- Bootstrap: a popular fictional pirate from the ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ movies.
- Captain Blood: the lead character from the movie of the same name.
- Ching: after the famous female pirate, Ching Shih.
- Davy: a reference to Davy Jones from the ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ film series.
African Parrot Names
- Elizabeth: after the female protagonist from ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ movies.
- Fluke: a good luck streak that is essential for pirates.
- Grace: after the famous pirate Grace O’Malley.
- Hook: after the famous character, Captain Hook in ‘Peter Pan’.
- Jacquotte: after Jacquotte Delahaye.
- Jolly: derived from the Jolly Roger pirate flag.
- Lady: as in Lady Killigrew.
- Long John Silver: after the character in ‘Treasure Island’.
- Mary: after the female pirate of ‘Seven Seas’.
- Penny: after one of the few female pirates in the ‘Age Of Piracy’.
- Pugwash: the main protagonist of ‘Captain Pugwash’.
- Raider: a perfect synonym name for your pirate boy.
- Sailor: a perfect bird name which means “seaman”.
- Smee: after Captain Hook’s sidekick, Mr. Smee.
- Sparrow: you can never go wrong with the name Captain Jack Sparrow
- Teuta: after the Pirate Queen Teuta of Illyria.
- Zafira: the name of a female pirate in ‘Thugs Of Hindostan
Hopefully, you found a great name for your parrot from this list.