Best Cat Food for Siamese Cats
Siamese cats are one of the oldest known cat breeds nowadays. Their curiosity has no limits and they are very smart, which is why they are great at learning all kinds of tricks.
They are incredibly affectionate, loving people of all ages. They appreciate the company of anyone as long as they are getting attention and love to be played with. Living up to fifteen years, they weigh generally between six to ten pounds and have a very distinctive coat color.
This is why we compiled some of the best feeding options on the market, to help you make sure you have a happy feline.
Quick Links: Best Cat Food for Siamese Cats
- Weruva Grain Free Canned Wet Cat Food
- Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Wet Canned Food
- ZiwiPeak Canned Cat Cuisine
- Rachael Ray Nutrish Indoor Complete Natural Dry Cat Food
- Wellness Core Grain Free Original Cat Food
The Top 5 Best Cat Food for Siamese Cats
Here are our top picks for the best cat food for siamese cats you should consider:
Best Wet, Soft And Canned Cat Food For Siamese Cats
Coming in twelve different flavors to suit the taste buds of your feline friend, this brand of cat food is available on Amazon and boasts 900 reviews. It is advertised to contain ingredients that are high in protein, low in fat and low in carbs.
People who have bought this product for their cats say that it is a great product that their cats love to eat. Complaints about the product itself are usually directed towards some of the strips of meat being too large for the cat to eat properly. Some people specifically mentioned that since it was made in Thailand, the quality of the food was inconsistent because it was canned food exported to the U.S.
Coming in only six flavors, Wellness CORE Cat food is advertised to have all-natural premium ingredients. On top of that, the product is focused on protein and a balanced nutritional diet for your cat. People who have bought the product on Amazon said that their cats enjoyed eating it. It was very healthy for their cats and it was really easy for cats with teeth problems to consume.
Most complaints about this product are the condition of the packaging when it arrives. People report some of the cans being dented upon arrival, and some were so badly damaged that the food spilled and had to be thrown out.
Marked as “Amazon’s Choice,” the ZiwiPeak Canned Cat Cuisine product is made with a chunky loaf style that features all-natural protein that even picky eaters love to have a bite of. The product is advertised to be pure and simple and uses free-range farm ingredients from the coastline of New Zealand.
A lot of people commented on their reviews that their cats would even run to the sound of the can being opened, but others gave bad reviews because of its costly price tag or because their cats weren’t used to the exclusive New Zealand flavors in the product, which gave them some stomach issues.
Our Picks For Recommended Dry Cat Food For Siamese Cats
This is the only cat food from the list that is marked on Amazon as a “#1 Best Seller.” It only has one flavor – chicken and salmon, and is advertised as using real ingredients that help support your cat’s healthy weight and metabolism, also reinforces its immune system.
Other say that even though their cat loves eating it, it makes the litter box stink because of smelly stool.
Wellness Core Original cat food features protein-focused nutrition and all-natural premium ingredients that are made only in the USA. There are a lot of reviews commenting how their cats love eating it and that it keeps them healthy.
Another product that has been the given the title of “Amazon’s Choice” is the Royal Canin dry cat food. The special thing about this kibble shaped meal is that kibbles are designed for Siamese cats to easily chew.
The food is made to strengthen their muscles and make their coats look healthy and shiny with the addition of omega acids. Nearly all people said that the product has been a hit with their Siamese cats.
They even claim it’s the only food that would make their cat react so joyfully. A select few had problems getting their Siamese cat to even eat it while another Amazon user said that the quality from buying it online is subpar compared to buying it from the store.
What to Look for when buying cat food for Siamese cats
- Quality protein– Protein should be the primary ingredient in their food. Try going for chicken, lamb, salmon type of foods which are rich in proteins and nutrients.
- Fat content– Make sure the product you are getting doesn’t have too much fat in it. Remember that Siameses are mostly indoor cats and will therefore require less calories to be well fed. If you’re not sure whether a certain product has too much fat, consult your veterinarian.
- Carb rich foods– Low grade carbohydrates should be avoided as cats are carnivores and carbohydrates are difficult for them to digest. They can make your cat vomit or feel weary. Also, since Siameses tend to spend more time indoors, this would cause them to gain unnecessary weight.
- Avoid Fillers– Fillers should be completely avoided. Many cat food manufacturers put corn in their product, which apart from acting as a filler also turns out to be a binder for all the food ingredients. However, these fillers do very little for your feline’s nutrition.
- Vitamins– Check for Vitamin C and Vitamin E content in your cat’s food, as this helps preserving food for longer. Try avoiding any kind of artificial preservatives as much as possible.
- Check for taurine as one of the ingredients. Taurine supplements are known to be important in preventing retinal degeneration in your cat’s eyes.
All of these brands of cat food can be suitable for your Siamese cat, but make sure you do the research yourself to provide the best nutrition for your feline friend. When shopping around for the best food for your cat, you should factor not only cost, but also product reviews and most important – the ingredients list.
Be sure to read the label carefully and make sure there are no artificial additives or fillers that do very little for your cat’s nutrition. When reading the label, the first 5 ingredients are the ones which comprise most of the product you are buying. So as long as you are happy with the 5 first ingredients on the list, your cat will be happy as well. Careful label inspection and common sense will ensure your cat lives a happy and joyful life.