The 10 Best Humidifiers for Reptiles
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
Reptiles are some of the most fascinating animals on the planet and also some of the most diverse. They are much different from traditional pets like cats and dogs, but they can be just as entertaining and captivating to keep.
The thing you need to remember with reptiles, however, is that their needs for care are very different. These animals cannot be kept in just any environment and thrive – they have specific needs for cage dimensions, temperature, and even humidity level.
In this article, we’ll talk about the importance of proper humidity for pet reptiles and provide some tips for choosing the best reptile humidifier or fogger. You’ll also see our top 10 picks for the best reptile foggers and humidifiers.
We highly recommend looking at the comparison table we have below where we highlighted the features of each product. You’ll also find more detailed information about each product later in the article.
Compare Best Humidifiers For Reptiles
1. Reptile Humidifier / Fogger - Large Tank
2. Oiibo Reptile Humidifier, Reptile Misting Fogger
3. BETAZOOER Reptile Humidifier Mister Fogger
4. astolily Silent Reptile Humidifier
5. Pranovo Reptile Fogger Humidifier
6. Coospider Reptile Fogger Terrariums Humidifier
7. Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Terrarium Humidifier
8. Zoo Med Repti Rain
9. Exo Terra Mister Portable Pressure Sprayer
10. Exo Terra Mini Fogger
67.5 fluid ounces
Adjustable, dry-run protection
Double tube, easy to fill
Silent operation, long tube
2 modes, doubles as decor
Adjustable spray nozzle
Automatic, increases humidity to 100%
What To Look For In Humidifiers For Reptiles?
Reptiles are cold-blooded animals which simply means that they are unable to regulate their own body temperatures and rely on the ambient temperature in their environment. For this reason, heating your reptile cage is one of your primary concerns. On top of maintaining the proper temperature in your reptile tank, you also need to think about humidity and that’s where a humidifier comes in.
Here are some important things to look for in reptile humidifiers:
- Capacity – Most humidifiers come with a large reservoir tank that you fill with water. The larger the capacity of the tank, the longer the unit will run before it needs to be refilled.
- Extension Hose – The hose is what carries the water from the reservoir into the mister that sprays the tank. The longer the hose, the more room you’ll have for adjustment.
- Automatic – It is important to find a humidifier with automatic shut-off when the tank runs dry, so you don’t burn it out.
- Adjustable – Different reptiles have different needs for humidity and moisture, so look for a unit that offers an adjustable misting setting.
Our Top Picks For The Best Humidifiers For Reptiles
Now that you have a better idea what to look for in a reptile humidifier, it’s time to start shopping! Keep reading to see our top 10 picks for the best reptile humidifiers and foggers.
Reptile Humidifier / Fogger - Large Tank
- Brand: Evergreen
- Size: 2L
- Features: Adjustable, dry-run protection
- Adjustable fog output up to 300ml/hour
- Large water tank with dry-run protection
- Compatible with all reptile enclosures
- Some units arrived defective and leaked
- May start making noise over time
Oiibo Reptile Humidifier, Reptile Misting Fogger
- Brand: Oiibo
- Size: 2.2L
- Features: Double tube, easy to fill
- Large 2L capacity and easy to fill
- 2-in-1 double joint extension tube
- Auto-shutoff when water tank is dry
- Some units arrived defective
- Pump may not work if below tube level
BETAZOOER Reptile Humidifier Mister Fogger
- Brand: BetaZooer
- Size: 2.5L
- Features: Silent operation, long tube
- Large-capacity, runs for days at a time
- Output range of 150ml to 320ml per hour
- Runs silently with reliable performance
- Some units arrived with leaking tank
- Some found operation to be tricky
astolily Silent Reptile Humidifier
- Brand: astolily
- Size: 3L
- Features: Silent, adjustable
- Upgraded version with large 3L tank
- Super-quiet operation, no disturbance
- Automatic shut-off when tank is dry
- May not work as well in full-screen terrariums
- Some units didn’t last as long as others
Pranovo Reptile Fogger Humidifier
- Brand: Pranovo
- Size: Small
- Features: 2 modes, doubles as decor
- Cute flowerpot design doubles as décor
- Two adjustable mist settings
- Automatic shutoff after 3 or 6 hours
- Not as adjustable as a standard humidifier
- May not work as well in very large tanks
Coospider Reptile Fogger Terrariums Humidifier
- Brand: CooSpider
- Size: 3L
- Features: Adjustable
- Large 3L reservoir capacity
- Adjustable output up to 380ml/hour
- Long extension tube with suction cups
- Somewhat more expensive than similar models
- Some users found it didn’t last as long as expected
Zoo Med Reptile Fogger Terrarium Humidifier
- Brand: Zoo Med
- Size: Small
- Features: Compact, adjustable
- Ideal for use in small terrariums
- Compact design with ultrasonic function
- Adjustable fog output to increase humidity
- Not intended for use in very large terrariums
- Smaller hose means unit needs to be placed close by
Zoo Med Repti Rain
- Brand: Zoo Med
- Size: Unknown
- Features: Plug-n-play, programmable
- Easy plug-n-play setup for convenience
- Mists the tank at programmable intervals
- Portable for use in multiple tanks
- Not ideal for some amphibians that require fog
- Some users found the performance to be unreliable
Exo Terra Mister Portable Pressure Sprayer
- Brand: Exo Terra
- Size: 67.5 fluid ounces
- Features: Adjustable spray nozzle
- Large 67.5 fluid ounce reservoir
- Adjustable spray nozzle creates fine mist
- Portable, easy to use design
- Not automatic like a humidifier
Exo Terra Mini Fogger
- Brand: Exo Terra
- Size: Small
- Features: Automatic, increases humidity to 100%
- Increases humidity up to 100%
- Simulates fog and low clouds in tropical areas
- Works in as little as 5cm water
- Not ideal for use in larger terrariums
- Must be immersed in water to function
The Importance Of Keeping A Reptile Cage Humid
Because reptiles are cold-blooded, they can’t regulate their own internal body temperatures. They rely on the ambient temperature in their environment to warm them up or cool them down. That’s why you need to keep your reptile cage at a constant temperature within the proper range for the species you’re keeping. On top of that, however, you should provide basking areas where your pet can warm up if it starts to get too cold. You also need to keep the cage within the proper range of humidity.
Here’s some important information to know about keeping a reptile cage humid:
- Reptiles require humidity in their environment because their skin can’t hold moisture as well as other animals – it is particularly important for shedding.
- Heat and humidity are closely linked, so you’ll need to keep the cage temperature within the proper range if you also want to maintain proper humidity.
- Every species has its own unique requirements for heat and humidity, so do some research on the type of reptile you have to find the proper humidity range.
- You can help keep the humidity in your tank up by placing a large bowl of water at the bottom and by misting the tank at least once or twice a day with room-temperature water.
- To maintain a specific humidity level in your tank, consider installing a humidifier and monitor the tank temperature and humidity with a thermostat or hygrometer.
By now you know that maintaining proper humidity in your reptile cage is not a choice – it is a necessity. Without the right ambient temperature, your reptile’s body won’t function properly and without the right humidity, it won’t be able to shed. Fortunately, maintaining humidity in your reptile cage is fairly easy – you just need the right humidifier.
Proper heat and humidity are essential for your reptile’s survival, so don’t skimp on these things! You want to choose a model that is appropriately sized for your tank and that will last for at least several years. You don’t want to waste your money on a unit that will wear out in just a few months.
If you’re still not sure where to start in looking for a reptile humidifier, try out one of the top 10 best reptile humidifiers and foggers we’ve reviewed above. Good luck!