120 Cute and Adorable Cockatiel Names With Meanings
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
When choosing a bird name, think about having to repeat it over and over again
and how it will sound. Maybe one of these will sound good to you.
Here are some great names for your make cockatiel:
1. Mohawk– Name your bird after his most distinctive feature.
2. Elvis– Or after the famous crooner who had a similar hairstyle.
3. Spike– Have fun with your bird’s unique feathered head.
4. Rooster– Cockatiels have a similar head profile to roosters.
5. Tweety– You could name your bird after the popular cartoon character.
6. Yoda– Here is a fun pop culture name for your bird.
7. Romeo– A good name for a bird who loves the ladies.
8. Dundee– These Aussie birds can be named after the famous Crocodile Dundee.
9. Hunter– For a bird that loves his food.
10. Wizard– Cockatiels kind of look like wizards with their head feathers.
11. King– Great name for a pompous, kingly bird.
12. Prince– For your regal bird.
13. Conquistador– The tuft on his head make him look like a Spanish soldier.
14. Ozzy– You could name your crazy bird after the rocker.
15. Shadow– For the often grey color cockatiels have.
16. Stormy– From their grey coloring.
17. Thunder– For his smoky colors.
18. Lightning– Most cockatiels are grey with some yellow, so this is a great name.
19. Dodger– For a speedy bird.
20. Sonic– Your fast bird could be named after the video game character.
21. Holden– Sounds like Golden, like the color of the bird.
22. Giant– Tall names work well for these birds whose feathers add a few inches
to their height.
23. Kramer– Like this tall TV character name.
24. Tallo– Or this Caribbean name for a tall person.
25. Andre– Or this one from Andre the Giant.
26. Alex– You could just go with a nice, normal human name.
27. Big Kahuna– You may want to try a boss-type name for a bossy bird.
28. Nostrodomos– Or you could choose a wizard name for your cockatiel.
29. Gandalf– Here is another great wizard name.
30. Dr Strange– And even more wizard names.
31. Percival– You could go with a distinguished name.
32. Arthur– Or this kingly moniker.
33. Sir Squawks-a-lot- Or this funny take on a distinguished name.
34. Merlin– Wizard names are perfect for these birds.
35. Wiz– This cutesy wizard name is a good choice.
36. Bossy– Is your bird kind of pushy?
37. Hercules– Tough names are funny on small birds.
38. Goliath– This is another tough, tall name.
39. Mango– You could try a tropical name.
40. Coconut– Here is another great tropical choice.
Try these great names for your female Cockatiel too:
41. Darling– For the sweetest bird.
42. Angel– For a darling pet bird.43. Halo- Choose to see the bird’s crest as something angelic.
44. Sugar– Try this if your bird is well behaved.
45. Dearie– Sweet names are great for female pets.
46. Honey– Yet another sweet name for your sweet bird.
47. Baby– A common name for pet birds.
48. Goldie– You could name your bird after her yellow coloring.
49. Peaches– Or you could name her after how adorable she is.
50. Alexandra– Some people like human names for their pets.
51. Chloe– This is one of the most popular girls’ names for a pet.
52. Megan– You could use this human name for your female bird.
53. Pipsqueask– Or you could choose something that says your bird is small.
54. Mousey– This name means small and shy.
55. Minnie– Keeping with the mouse theme…
56. Tabitha– A normal human name works well.
57. Lady– This is a sweet one for a lady bird.
58. Sweetness– Try this if your bird is well mannered.
59. Candy– Use this on a sweet bird.
60. Diamond– Jewel names make for great pet titles.
61. Ginger– This girls’ name is great for a bird with some red or yellow on it.
62. Sparkles– Try this name that denotes beauty and femininity.
63. Jewel– This is a very pretty name for your bird.
64. Juliet– You could name your bird after the famous literary character.
65. Precious– Or you could pick a name that tells everyone she is sweet.
66. Gabby– For your talkative bird.67. Diva- For a bird who is full of herself.
68. Princess– Try this for a regal-acting bird.
69. Queen– For a bird that treats everyone else like her servants.
70. Ursula– The sea witch from The Little Mermaid is a funny name for a cockatiel.
71. Rose– This is a classic female pet name.
72. Scarlet– Another common girls’ pet name.
73. Freckles– This name speaks of an adorable creature.
74. Pippi– Here is a cutesy name you might consider.
75. Pretty– You can just be honest about how beautiful your bird is.
76. Giggles– For a bird with a happy disposition.
77. Daisy– This is a great girl’s name for your bird.
78. Snowflake– Reminiscent of the grey look of winter.
79. Cleo– A simple, but effective female name.
80. ChaCha– Here is one that’s a lot of fun.
81. Margie– This name sound like of stuck up and posh.
82. Sassy– This one is a bit more fun and energetic.
83. Scampy– This one is kind of fun and playful as well.
84. Kiwi– A good choice for this bird that hails from Australia.
85. Luna– Moon names make for great pet names.
Or you could go with a unisex name that works well for male or female Cockatiels:
86. Fluffy– For an adorable bird.
87. Pompadour– You could take that hair look and name your bird after it.
88. Coco– This a fun one for pet birds.89. Bobo- Another name that’s really playful.
90. Crikey– The Australian theme is strong with this name.
91. Pancake– We just love silly pet names.
92. Porkchop– This one makes us laugh every time.
93. Chatterbox– For a talkative bird.
94. Lemon– For the yellow coloring.
95. Maize– Named after yellow corn.
96. Kiko– Just a fun, exotic name.
97. Kimosabe– It has a great ring to it and is one that pop culture fans will usually
98. Hachi– A great, exotic name for your bird.
99. Chase– For a bird that flies fast.
100. Speedy– Is your bird quick? Try this name.
101. Smokey– For the smoky grey coloring.
102. Stardust– Named for its yellow coloring.
103. Sparky– For the yellow in its feathers.
104. Squawky– A good name to describe how talkative your bird is.
105. Rocco– We love short, fun names like this for birds.
106. Chuckles– A good choice for a happy bird.
107. Cuddles– You might try this for a lovable bird.
108. Wobbles– Is your bird awkward and clumsy? Try this name.
109. Gypsy– This name has a bit of mystery and exoticness to it.
110. Nutty– Your crazy bird needs a crazy name.
111. Lolo– This one is just so much fun.
112. Flitty– Describes your bird’s energetic ways.113. Birdie- A very literal choice.
114. Aussie– Named after the bird’s Australian heritage.
115. Dandruff– You could go with something completely silly.
116. Moonbeam– This is for the bird’s yellow coloring.
117. Sunshine– The yellow coloring and a cheerful attitude make some birds a
great fit for this name.
118. Squawkbox– Try this for birds that talk a lot.
119. Chatty– Another name that means “talkative”.
120. Paco– Try this funny, simple name.
Those were our picks, and maybe you can come up with some of your own or
hopefully use one of these as the perfect name for your cockatiel.