The 5 Best Disposable Cat Litter Boxes
This page contains affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
Cats are very particular about how they do their business. If the litter box isn’t in the right place, filled with the right litter, and kept clean, they are just as likely to go on the floor next to the litter box as they are to step inside. Scooping the litter box is a necessary evil – or is it? If you want to avoid the mess entirely, consider switching to disposable litter boxes.
In this article, we’ll talk about tips for keeping the litter box fresh and provide some insight into choosing the right litter box for your cat. We’ll also show you our top 5 picks for the best disposable litter boxes.
Compare Best Disposable Cat Litter Boxes
1. Nature's Miracle Disposable Cat Litter Box
2. Cat's Pride Kat Kit Litter Trays
3. Kitty's WonderBox Disposable Litter Box
Best Collapsible Litter Box
4. PetSafe Disposable Collapsible Litter Box
Best Eco Friendly
5. Fresh Step for Pets Plastic Disposable Litter Box
Biodegradable, baking soda, eco-friendly
Leak-proof, durable, recycled
Covered, collapsible, leak-proof
Recycled, heavy-duty, no-mess
What To Look For In A Disposable Litter Box?
Buying a disposable litter box means that you never have to deal with emptying and cleaning out your litter box – you simply throw it away and get a new one. You should, however, still plan to scoop the litter box daily to keep it fresh for your cat. With proper maintenance, a disposable litter box can last anywhere from 7 days to 4 weeks.
Here are some important things to look for in a disposable litter box:
- Size. Finding a disposable litter box large enough for your cat to comfortably use it is important – look for a brand that offers multiple sizes so you can choose the best one for your cat.
- Depth. Disposable litter boxes are designed to be thrown away, but they need to do the job in the meantime. Check the depth to make sure your cat won’t be flinging litter out of the box or spraying urine on the floor next to it.
- Materials. When throwing away your litter box, you need to make sure that it is made from biodegradable or recyclable material.
- Price. If you’re going to be throwing your litter box away every few weeks, you’ll be buying new litter boxes pretty often. Consider the price when buying disposable boxes to keep things affordable.
Our Top Picks For The Best Disposable Cat Litter Boxes
Now that you have a better idea what to look for in a disposable litter box, it’s time to start shopping! Keep reading to see our top 5 picks for the best disposable litter boxes for cats.
Nature's Miracle Disposable Cat Litter Box
- Materials: Paper
- Size: 21×14.5×3.4 inches
- Features: Biodegradable, baking soda, eco-friendly
- Comes in a convenient two-pack
- Made from biodegradable materials
- Treated with baking soda for odor control
- Can be fairly heavy when full of litter
- Irregular shape can be tricky to scoop
Cat's Pride Kat Kit Litter Trays
- Materials: Plastic
- Size: 20x13x9 inches
- Features: Pre-filled, all-in-one
- Trays pre-filled with fresh-scent litter
- Ready to use right out of the wrapper
- Touch-free and hassle-free solution
- Some cats may dislike scented litter
- Total package weighs about 15 pounds
Kitty's WonderBox Disposable Litter Box
- Materials: Paper
- Size: 13.5x17x3.5 inches
- Features: Leak-proof, durable, recycled
- Made from dense recycled paper fibers
- Super durable and leak-proof up to 1 month
- Keeps litter dry and odor-free
- May be too small for some cats
- Not ideal for multi-cat households
PetSafe Disposable Collapsible Litter Box
- Materials: Cardboard
- Size: 16×14.4×12 inches
- Features: Covered, collapsible, leak-proof
- Raised entrance and privacy hood
- Comes with crystal cat litter
- Wax coating to prevent leaking
- Some cats dislike alternative litters
- Cardboard may absorb litter spray
Fresh Step for Pets Plastic Disposable Litter Box
- Materials: Plastic
- Size: 18x13x3.5 inches
- Features: Recycled, heavy-duty, no-mess
- Made from recycled plastic materials
- Designed to minimize spills and spray
- Can be used as a litter box liner
- Plastic is fairly thin, may not hold up well
- Sides may be too low for some cats
Tips For Keeping Your Litter Box Fresh
If you hate the task of scooping your litter box, the simplest solution is to stop doing it. Buying disposable litter boxes means you can throw the entire mess away instead of getting your hands dirty. If you want to make your disposable litter box last even longer, here are some tips:
- Scoop the clumps daily. Even if you plan to throw away your litter box at the end of the month, you still need to scoop it daily to keep it fresh for your cat.
- Switch to a different litter. Some litters absorb odor better than others, so consider switching to a scented or odor-control litter if it’s a problem.
- Use a litter deodorizer. Sprinkling some litter deodorizer on your litter every few days can help keep things fresh between scooping.
- Add an extra litter box. Even if you only have one cat, adding an extra litter box can help reduce odor and maintenance. Plus, your cat will have two boxes to choose from.
As is true for any litter box, disposable litter boxes are what you make of them. They won’t completely eliminate litter box maintenance, but they will save you from having to scrape and scrub your litter box on a weekly or monthly basis and that’s worth something.
No one likes cleaning the litter box and with a disposable box, you never have to! You’ll still want to scoop daily to minimize odor and to keep things fresh for your cat, but you’ll never have to lug that loaded litter box to the wastebasket or spend your time scrubbing ever again.
If you’re still not sure where to start in looking for a disposable litter box, try out one of the top 5 best options we’ve reviewed above. Good luck!